Monday, April 2, 2012

Welcome to the Jungle

Since I recently blamed my lack of posting on yardwork, it's only fair that I show you what we've been up to.

It's hard to appreciate just how overgrown our yard was if you've never seen it in real life, but hopefully the glorious iPhone pics below will give you some idea of what we were faced with.

The house had been vacant for many years before we purchased it, so in addition to all of the fixing that the INSIDE needed, the OUTSIDE was it's own special challenge.

It's kind of like The Secret Garden. BEFORE Mary showed up.

We are in no way "finished" (and I doubt we will ever be- or so we are told), but thanks to Husband's dedication and genuine fondness of yardwork (I know - I'm a lucky gal), we've gone from this:

Anybody back there??

to this:
Hey look, you can see stuff!


And this:

to this!

Oh, and also this:

Much better, yes?

Next up is adding a patio (which I am MOST excited about), where I can happily sip this:

Homemade Strawberry Lemonade - recipe coming soon!

curled up in one of these:

Source

Sidebar: These pics are all of the back yard. The front yard isn't quite camera-ready yet.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment